Official Rules of Play
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE
CHANCES OF WINNING. CONTEST SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND SCHOOL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
1) ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to Contestants who are legal United States residents who are physically residing in the state of Georgia. Void in Puerto Rico, United States Territories and Possessions, elsewhere and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of Dole Food Company, Inc., Gibraltar Associates, LLC or 3rd Floor and/or any of their affiliate companies as well as their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each employee of these entities (collectively, “Sponsor & Others”) are ineligible to enter. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, municipal and local laws and regulations.
2) TIMING: The “Promotion Period” begins on October l7, 2011 at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on February 29, 2012 at 11:59:59 PM ET (the “Promotion Period”). The Promotion consists of a Contest as set forth in these Official RULES. The Sponsor’s computer is the official clock of the Promotion.
3) HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest you must:
A. Record a video or write an essay, save it using a method that is mailable or uploadable, and in a format as described in rule 4-A below.
B. Fully complete and sign the required Official Entry Form and Appearance/Participation Release Form. These documents, the Official Rules of Play, and other details can be obtained (downloaded) at www.raisethesaladbar.com. The Official Entry and Appearance/Participation Release Forms must be signed by a school faculty member as the entrant. Additionally, an Appearance/Participation Release Form must also be completed and signed by anyone who appears or participates in the submitted video or photo, and must have parent/legal guardian’s signature for anyone under 18 years old.
C. The required documents as specified in rule 3-B above can be submitted in two formats. They can either (a) be submitted by uploading the required files via www.raisethe saladbar.com, or (b) mailed with video or essay to: Raise the [Salad] Bar Contest, 815 Connecticut Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20006. All entries must be postmarked by February 29, 2012 and received by March 5, 2012. There is no limit on the number of entries. However, each entry must have a unique/different video or essay. All entries and materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. No telephone calls or written correspondence will be accepted regarding this Contest.
4) VIDEO/PHOTO SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
A. Video must be two (2) minutes or less in length, cannot exceed 2GB file size and must be submitted on a DVD or USB in one of the following original video formats: asf, avi, dvd, flv, mp4, psp, mjpeg, mov, mpeg, mpegts, mpeg2video, rm, svcd, vcd, vob, 3gp, 3g2 (Video codecs: flv, huffyuv, h264, h263, mjpeg, mpeg1video, mpeg2video, mpeg4, qtrle, rv20, svq3, wmv1, wmv2, xvid). Essay must be at least 500 words, but not more than 750 words.
B. Video must include at least one person from one of the following categories School Foodservice staff, students and administrative and teaching staff as participants.
C. Video or essay should be innovative, fun, creative, and original.
D. Video or essay must be the original creation of the submitting entrant, must be recorded between October 17, 2011 and February 3, 2012, and must not be/have been submitted to or published or broadcast by any other publication or media company.
E. Entries must be in the English language only.
F. The represented school must have obtained parent/legal guardian’s signed permission for any person or likeness of person appearing in a submitted video or photo who is under 18 years old at the time of entry.
G. Each submitted entry must be an original production which is under no restriction, contractual or otherwise, that will prevent Sponsor’s use of the submission, and each submission must be free of any and all liens, encumbrances and claims of third parties. Entrant acknowledges, agrees and warrants that, nothing in the submission infringes on any copyrights, confidential information, trade secrets or trademarks belonging to any person or entity other than the entrant, or violates any person’s rights of privacy or publicity and that all necessary releases and permissions have been secured.
H. Submissions must be family-friendly, and must not contain unsafe behavior or situations, profanity, nudity, pornographic images, explicit sexual themes, graphic violence, disparaging, hateful, racist, defamatory, slanderous or libelous statements or material considered illegal.
I. Submissions may not depict someone smoking or intoxicated, contain an advertisement or a solicitation of any business or product, or include an impersonation.
J. Entrants are responsible for securing necessary permissions, releases, and licenses for any visual and audio material, including but not limited to music, contained in his/her submissions, and for all persons appearing in his/her submissions. By submitting any video submission, entrant warrants that all applicable permissions, releases and licenses have been obtained in writing and that all such permissions, releases and licenses will be granted and assigned to Sponsor upon entry of the submission into the contest pursuant to rule 4-M.
K. Entrants agree to and understand that submissions will be made available to the public, including but not limited to posting on the Internet. Whether or not submissions are published on the Internet, Sponsor does not guarantee any confidentiality of any submission.
L. Sponsor is not responsible for any expenses incurred in the production and delivery of any entries/submissions.
M. By submitting an entry the entrant agrees to grant and assign to Sponsor all intellectual property rights in the submission and each of its constituent parts, which rights include, without limitation, the Sponsor’s right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify any submission in any way, make available to the public and/or reproduce the submission through any media without limitation, for commercial or non-commercial use, and without additional consideration to the entrant. In addition, entrant warrants that any so called “moral rights” in the submission have been waived and entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may use any ideas from any submission or other submitted materials, whether or not entrant has been awarded a prize in connection with any such submission or other materials.
N. Any submission that does not comply with the above restrictions or any other requirement specified herein is subject to disqualification.
Furthermore, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to decline any submission from the Contest for any reason.
Submission must be created and entered on an individual basis only (i.e., no joint or corporate entries or entries on behalf of any Participant).
5) CONTEST JUDGING & SELECTION OF WINNERS: All accepted entries will be reviewed and judged by a panel of judges selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Judging will be based and scored on the following judging criteria, at up to 25 points for each criterion:
- Response to one of the three possible contest questions
- What does it mean to be “the Healthiest You possible” and what can you do to be the Healthiest You?
- What steps can your school take to help you get healthier?
i. GA Standard 6: Students will demonstrate the ability to use goal-setting skills to enhance health. Students will understand and use the specific steps that are necessary to set and achieve both short-term and long-term health goals.
- What can your school do to be a healthier place so you can eat healthy and be fit?
i. GA Standard 8: Students will demonstrate the ability to advocate for personal, family, and community health. Students will develop a wide variety of advocacy skills such as persuasion, collaboration, and communication techniques. Advocacy skills help students promote healthy norms and behaviors.
B. Incorporation of fruits and vegetables
C. Emphasis on healthy eating/healthy lifestyle.
D. Creativity, originality and enjoyment appeal.
The three entries receiving the highest combined score will be designated the Grand Prize winners. In case of a tie, the tied entry with the higher/highest score for the “Incorporation of fruits and vegetables” criterion will be designated the winner. If a tie continues, judges will re-judge the tied entries using the original four (4) criteria. Decisions of judges are final and binding in all respects for all matters relating to the judging. Winners will be notified on or about March 10, 2012.
6) CONTEST PRIZES: All prizes will be awarded to the school indicated on the Entry Form. Three (3) Grand Prizes: Salad bar equipment, plus ten (10) cases of DOLE Fruit Bowls Fruit in 100% Juice; Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $4,250.00. Total ARV for all prizes available in the Contest is $12,750. Prizes are not transferable cannot be redeemed for cash. All taxes, and all other costs and expenses not specified, are not included and are the sole responsibility of the winner. Limit one prize per school.
7) GENERAL: By entering, each participant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, the Contest judges, their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors and assigns from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage (whether due to negligence or otherwise) to person or persons, including death, or property, or due to breach or failure of any representation or warranty, or infringement upon any third party’s rights, arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part from participation in this Promotion or any Promotion related activity.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified; for technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, electronic malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software; any failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any combination thereof; or for any error, human, technical or otherwise; or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Contest for any reason whatsoever or cause beyond the control of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds tampering with the operation of the Contest, or acting in violation of these Official Rules or applicable law. Any attempt by an individual to deliberately tamper with or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution; and if such individual enters the Contest he/she will be disqualified.
Submissions delayed past the submission deadline of the Contest will not be accepted and will be destroyed.
By participating, entrants acknowledge and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. Any unclaimed or undeliverable prize will not be awarded. By accepting a prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name, likeness, voice and/or biographical information by the Sponsor for advertising/trade purposes without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Winner further agrees that Dole Food Company and/or its related affiliated and subsidiary companies and their respective directors, employees, agents and advertising and promotion agencies are not liable for any injury, damage, liability, expense, accident, delay, irregularity, loss or claim arising from or in connection with acceptance, possession or use of the prize or participation in any prize-related activity, and acknowledges that none of said parties have made or are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, relative to any prize, including without limitation, its quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Any tax liability is the responsibility of the winner. As a condition of entering, entrant agrees that all disputes arising out of this promotion shall be resolved without resort to litigation. Prizes are not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. In the event of unavailability of stated prize, sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
9) OFFICIAL RULES and/or WINNERS LIST: For names of Contest winners, mail a stamped, self-addressed envelope with your hand-printed request to: “DOLE Raise the [Salad] Bar Contest Winners List, 815 Connecticut Ave. NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20006 to be received by July 1, 2012.
10) PROMOTION SPONSOR: Dole Food Company, Inc. One Dole Drive, Westlake Village, CA 91362